Friday, March 03, 2006

Pains Not Meant For Gabbi

GabbiThere are many pains in life we all have to undergo with different level of intensities. Sometimes we wish the pain experience by our loved ones should have been ours instead seeing them crying with it.

I have an 8-year old niece named Gabbi who undergone kidney surgery two (2) weeks ago. She has been a frequent visitor of hospital since the start of the 2006 due to urinary track infections. When we decided to have a second opinion here in Manila, it was found out that her left kidney is functioning thirty nine (39%) only and need to be fixed immediately. Our faces went pale and could not bare our little Gabbi (well, she's not really little coz she weighs 100 lbs) will be having a major operation and she's just a kid. I wish I have instead her pains rather than seeing her crying all the time and can't barely stand and walk.

I myself have a high threshold on pains. I can even sometimes tell my mind to forget the pain and it's effective to me. But for my nieces, I can't easily teach them about it and it breaks my heart everytime I see them crying because of pain.

Gabbi now has been released from hospital but still crying for the pains she still experience. But I admire her for being brave to undergo such surgery. Someday, I will teach her on how to use her mind in controlling her body and take for granted the pains she has.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

good thing that your niece is okay na :) thank the lord.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

yep. saw her yesterday..she's having difficulty to move but at least she's walking na..

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger dessa girl said...

gabby must have part of her tita emily's strength already since she was able to go through all that pain.. tell her i admire her for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home