Friday, May 26, 2006

A Glimpse in Businessworld 26 May 2006

I met a client, Bobby Ang who is also the coach of the Philippine Chess Team. During our first meeting, he couldn't resist but asked me if I'm related to GM Rosendo Balinas. Definitely I said yes since he is a 2nd cousin of my Dad. Unfortunately, I never met him since our family is based in Mindanao while his is in Luzon.

Last Monday, Bobby Ang emailed me that he wrote an article in Businessworld and I should have a copy of it. When I saw the article, I was surprised and overwelmed on the gesture he did for making our meeting a memorable for both of us. With this, I would like to share with you a glimpse of the article.


CHESS PIECE
By Bobby Ang
26 May 2006
Past Olympiad Heroes

A few days ago I was in a meeting to discuss the IP infrastructure of our office and glancing the calling cards of the people in attendance noticed the name of the Cisco Officer was Emily C. Balinas. I couldn't help blurting out, " are you related to GM Rosendo Balinas?" The answer was in the affirmative. Emily said that Bali was her uncle, the she knew he used to be one of the strongest players in the country, aside from that knew little else about his career.

A few years ago I wrote a series on "The Rosendo Balinas Story" but neglected to close it properly. Now htat the Turin Olympiad has already started the perfect opportunity has come to correct this injustice, for what better way to start the event with a quick recap of past Filipino heroes? Emily Balinas, this one is for you. . . . .

If you want the whole article, you'll see it in the S2-P7 section of Businessworld dated 26 May 2006.

Thank you Bobby. Greatly appreciated. And to you Uncle Bali, salute to you!




2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Wow, royalty ka pala talaga!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hehehe..low profile lang..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home