Wednesday, November 14, 2007

10K Finish Line

Last Sunday, Tony, Aileen (my friends from Avaya and Lamco) and I joined the New Balance Power Race 10K/25K in Clark Pampanga. Of course, we were just in the 10K run.

I was so nervous before the event since it was my ever first marathon. All my life, my sports are on the softer and finesse side such as dancing, yoga, and golf. But because of the unending influence my colleagues in Avaya especially Tony and Rico, I have committed eventually.

We started running around 6:45 AM at the Clark Freezone. Around 500 participants were there for both 10K and 25K. We were amazed on how other people have the passion on this sport. In fact, we even met a guy around 64 years old but mind you he's registered on the 25K category. "Laban ka?".

My first 1K run was a bit stressfull since that's the time I'm struggling to get enough air and I was told before not to stop because eventually you will get your second wind and everything is light already. With the second wind, all your muscles are already formed for running as long as you can. With my experience, it really happened. And that is the reason why I was able to finish the 10K run. My time was 1 hour 23 minutes and 44 seconds. Well, it may sound so long to finish but I do not care. What's important is I did reach the finish line non-stop and still with extra energy. Most of all, I feel great and proud of myself.

After mentioning the happy experience, the sad part was my whole body ached as if I could not walk properly in late afternoon. Still I drove from Pampange to Makati. Upon reaching my place, I went straight to Blue Mountain, my favorite massage place. I had sauna to soften my muscles and the aromatheraphy massage for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I was shouting due to pains. As what the marine says, "No pain, no gain"...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home