Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Cool Trip in Beijing

My blogmate Wats0n eagerly requested me to blog my recent trip in Beijing. We were in RCBC Plaza watching the stage play, Avenue Q. Initially, he was teasing me that I no longer write on my online blog. Hence, I told him I did since I have time when I transferred work last September. I have ample time now for my "extra" curricular activities and one of those is writing on my blog. So Wats0n, here it is..
Last December 2, I flew to Beijing for my 5-day training. Of course I was excited since this is my first time to see the place. First place I visited is the famous Great Wall of China. From the hotel I stayed, Crowne Plaza, it was 1 1/2 hours drive. When we reached the place, we rode the cable car and opted to walk going down where the entrace. My experiece of walking on one of the wonders of the world, I will never forget it because we took an hour and a half to reach the end point and my goodness, my left knee was really aching terribly. Most of all, it was so cold and freezing to death. I bet the temperature that time was 0 degrees.

Other places we visited were the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven.

When I was in Forbidden City, I imagined that I was Mulan...hehehe..whatever you saw on the cartoon movie, that's the exact view, so many palaces and the biggest is the Imperial Palace. Well, such a huge place you would imagine.

For Tiananmen Square, it's like our Rizal Park. It's just across the entrance of Forbidden City. According to the local, this place is very historical to them and it's also considered to be a tourist spot like Forbidden City.

Last place I visited is the Temple of Heaven. Just like Forbidden City, it's also a huge place where there are series of palace inside. But the said temple is very famous since this is where the Emperor pray for the good harvest of the China.

Well, my trip was exciting like my other trips. Although, I had fever when I was there due to erratic weather but this didn't stop me of seeing the famous places. Thanks to Biogesic, Tempra and H20 ;-)

Riding cable car in Great Wall

Exact Great Wall path

Entrance of Forbidden City

Inside Forbidden City

The famous Imperial Palace which is under renovation

Strolling in Beijing

In Temple of Heaven

In Tiananmen Square

Forbidden City at night.. at -4 degrees

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

Wow... so nag blog ka na ulit ngayon? :P hahahaha... well you definitely do have time for everything now :P
hahahaha...

Thanks for the Spongebob gift princess, it's the bomb :P

IF your goal is to make me kikay... next time make up naman... :P hahahahahaha...

Great photos ha, in fairness, super picture taking with the -3 degress weather!


Happy Holidays :)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger dessa girl said...

super official well-traveld cherva ka na!

love the photos em! thanks for my ariel mirror! love it!

happy new year! mwah

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Incidentally, we watched Mulan on New Year's Eve. It must be a wonderful adventure going to China and seeing these great historical monuments!

Thanks for the gift, Em! Happy New Year!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Princess Em said...

Hi follen--that's great improvement, girlash na ang lola ko..hehhee

Hi dessgirl--next trip ko i like to see egypt naman..pero sa dreams ko na lang ata yun..

Hi wats0n--last part of Mulan's movie, that's exactly the Forbidden city. Feeling ko nga ako si Mulan..hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home