Sunday, April 10, 2005

An Affair to Remember


An Affair to Remember
Originally uploaded by Princess Em.

To give an overview, it is a story of a man and woman who met in a cruise and developed a whirlwind romance. They want to make sure what they are feeling is real so they agree to separate for a period of six months to try to decide if this is true love or not. They will meet again on top of the Empire State Building if they decide it is. Tragedy kept them apart. Hence, they reunite tearfully at the end of the final reel.

This is my all time favorite movie. I was still in my grade school days when I first watched this movie with my mommy. She borrowed a betamax tape of this and the film was in black and white. By the time we finished the movie, both of us were crying and wet tissues were scattered around us. Since then, it's my favorite. There may be some remake but this 1957 film version is still the best since it is the original.

The actor, Cary Grant was so talented, witty, handsome and one hell of a debonair. I bet most of the ladies during his times loved to be with this gentleman. Even mommy was an avid fan of him. She watched most of his movies.

Since it's my favorite, I have copies of dvd and vcd of this. But nobody can borrow since these are part of my precious collections.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

Favorite ko to...

Di ba eto yung ni-remake ni Warren Beatty and Annette Benning...where after making the movie, they fell in love and became a happy couple.

Gusto ko ganyan din love story ko. :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

yep.. the title is "Love Affair". I also hava a vcd copy of that movie..sobrang nakaka-inlove lang kc..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home