Monday, May 29, 2006

X-Men: Is It A Good Movie or Not?

My friends and I watched X-Men: The Last Stand movie last Friday. As usual, the movie house was jam packed as if it was the last time for us to see a movie in our life. Nevetheless, thanks to our dear friend, Jheng for such a very resourceful person for getting us tickets in advance.

After watching the movie, my reaction was not an instant positive response. It took me a while for me to consolidate all my ideas and judging if it is a good movie or not. Film effects wise, yes it is a good one. The director is very creative making the effects so real and giving us the awes and ahs reactions on every actions they do. Connection with the audience was there. For the story as a whole, well, I prefer the previous X-Men movies. I find it a bit shallow and I disagree basically of killing the main characters and not justifying their deaths. Well, that is just my opinion, ok? On the contrary, I admire the lesson of the story. X-Men and the Brotherhood may have different views but they do have a goal in common, which is to destroy the mutant anti-body. They find this insulting since it implies that being mutant is wrong and it is a sickness that needs cure.

With all the inputs I have shared with you, I believe that the movie is well justified to be a good one. It may not be a terrific one but still a worthy movie to watch again.

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

i just watched it last tuesday...

i like it... ive always been fascinated with jean grey's power...im glad that she had that kind of exposure in the film... :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi fisherpau-- mmmm... ok. the movie was focused on her..

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

hahaha...kaya nga eh...cool diba :)

but of course, i still love storm and rogue :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home