Sunday, June 04, 2006

Movie: The Da Vinci Code

I finally had the chance to watch the movie, The Da Vinci Code. Everyone was talking about the movie and how boring was it as compared to the well-famous book written by Dan Brown. As for me to fully judge the said movie, I watched it last Saturday with my niece, Nics.

For good points, director, Ron Howard chose great locations and was able to conceptualize the events from past relating to the present scenes. The events were well photographed as if you're the reading the chapters of the book. Hence, Silas had the strongest character in the film where the actor, Paul Bettany has well portrayed the great servant of the Opus Dei.

Unfortunately, for the main characters portrayed by Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou, they simply do not have chemistry which makes the whole film boring. I believe there was no involvement of emotional feelings which makes no impact in the film as compared in the book.

Nevertheless, I was still had the excitement while watching the movie because I was reminiscing the time I was in France. I did in fact went to Mussee du Louvre and witnessed the gorgeous place especially the famous glass pyramid. In the attached picture, it is the Louvre Museum and on the left side is the pyramid where Tom Hanks also had his last shot in the film (as shown on the upper picture).

In summary, I should say the picture has just a satisfactory rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home