Saturday, May 07, 2005

Animo La Salle ...


DLSU
Originally uploaded by Princess Em.
De La Salle University is the alma mater of the family. All five of us finished engineering courses there and that is the reason why the younger Balinas generations are looking forward also to study there.

My oldest niece, daughter of one of my brothers is now going to college and of course all she wanted is to study in La Salle. Initially she was so upset because she did not make it on the first choice course she chose. Most of us were advising her that it does not matter what school you will be going as long it is the best school to offer you education on that particular course.(Except our brothers who are hard core La Sallian). Apparently, the child's priority is La Salle. Bottom line, she made it on the reconsideration process. She is now in for AB English course which she believes it is the course that will bring her to success in the future.

Honestly, I chose La Salle before simply because I was pressured also of the family background. From the brothers of my Mommy, they were La Sallian already. Being the youngest in the Balinas family with all the siblings studying there, I thought I had no option but also to follow their footsteps. According to my family, if you did not pass in La Salle, my other school options are only UP or Ateneo with a quota course. Outside those, you're not as intelligent as them... WHAT A CRACK! That should not be the case. I should have listened what my heart said before then look for a school may it be here or abroad that offers the best for the course I chose.

La Salle is probably one of the best schools in Manila I should say. Aside from that, your classmates and friends that you meet there will eventually be your connections in the future that will assist you to your success. Let's face it, most of the students there are children of the high bracket of the society who influences the economy of the country, may their parents are business people or high ranking officers of different companies here and abroad.

As the Balinas family grows, it simply shows La Salle will always be part of the family. It is a school not by choice but a priority. But for me, I will teach my children to listen what their heart and mind say and from there, we will move forward whatever it costs.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

Your family is like my family, although we are not from La Salle and only one cousin ever attended the school...we are all hard core Thomasians.

hehehehe... as in 3 generations of Benzon clan attended UST.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger dessa girl said...

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!!! ANIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home