Monday, September 12, 2005

Love for Our Country, Philippines

flag Our country faces so many problems which little by little our economy is going nowhere but down the ground. More so, politicians are arguing with their respective ideas which we all know they are just pushing their personal interests.

Being a Filipino and a true citizen, how can we then help our country? In my own little way, I know I do help our fellow Filipinos as well as our country. Let me share some of my little ways.

Unilever1. If I am in the grocery, I am very meticulous to the things that I buy. I read all the things written at the back of the products and make sure it is made in the Philippines. To give you ideas what are those products, they are from Unilever, Colgate-Palmolive, Lamoiyan, etc. I do not patronize products that do not have manufacturing plants in our country. Through this, it assures me that the products that I buy give continuous jobs to the Filipinos who work on those plants.

Bayo2. If I am in the mall, I usually buy shirts, pair of pants or any garments from a local store such as Bench, Bayo, Human, etc. Kamiseta is also a local store but I stopped patronizing its stuff since the time they made Natalie Portman their model. We have lots of gorgeous local models to advertise their products. So why do we need to get a foreign celebrity? I just do not understand it.


Ryan C3. If I am in a music store, I buy original OPM CDs. Aside from they have better music, they are much cheaper than the music from foreign artists. Like Ryan Cayabyab, he has proven his talents from the songs he wrote which are well appreciated all over the world. This simply shows how talented our Filipino artists. For the movies, I manage to buy original DVDs too. This is also one way of showing my support to our movie industry.


Pearl Farm4. If I am in a foreign country, may their place be so attractive and more progressive than ours, I still make sure to tell to my new found friends there how beautiful our country is from the white beaches, cheap but pretty things they can buy, exotic foods and fruits and most of all, the very friendly and hospitable Filipino people they will meet.

There are more ways we can show our love for country may it be little or big. What's important, you should never get tired of expressing it. Through this, you're not only helping our country but you're also a hero.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger dessa girl said...

how inspiring naman ang post na ito!!natuwa ako dun ha.. if you really think bout it, our country does have lots to show and offer. i like BAYO kasi whenever it's midnyt madness, they are 50%off on almost all items.. wahahaha! heaven!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi dessagirl, thanks for the inspiring comment. Hayun, si Bayo ang gusto talaga ng byuti mo...hehehe..

My message is, patronize our own products...

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger FollenKollen said...

uy..I patronize our products...

I ate alot of isaw in UP, kepwek along any streets where it can be bought!

I love buying clothes in Kamiseta and my shoes are mostly Rusty Lopez

I love travelling around the country... sana nga I have enough money to go and see the Philippines...

I love the Philippines, more than ever, I am proud of who we are, what we are and what we believe in. :)

Rock on, Princess em...

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi fisherpau.. rock the world ha... i like that statement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home