Tuesday, September 06, 2005

New Found Friends in Singapore

I was in Singapore last week to attend a 3-day security class. Such class was pretty ok but a bit information overloaded but I got no choice but to digest everything mentioned. More so, since we are mix cultures, it was quite difficult to understand most of my classmates. Hence, I learned many new things about security services.

Turning the other side of the coin, such trip was also fun since I gained new friends (aside my classmates which come from different parts of the world), I met also filipino friends which were introduced by my ex-client, Oga. Most of them work in AT&T and they seem enjoying their perks and works in Singapore.

New Friends in Singapore These are my new found friends. Majority are filipinos except the guy in stripes (he's a hongki). From left: Mark, Che, Bong, Mwuah, Oga, Andy and my fellow IBMer Pinky. This was our second bar hop. Drinks are very expensive, roughly Php 400 per bottle. That's why I always comment after finishing a bottle of beer, I'm drunk already.

Singapore in Bugis Mall This solo picture of mine was taken in Bugis Mall by my friend Oga. I was attracted by the flowers and amazed on how expensive they are in Singapore. But they are really gorgeous. My officemate, Pinky was nowhere to be found, busy looking for stuff to buy in the mall. All I can say, she's a shopaholic.

IBM friends in SingaporeLastly, these are some of my classmates. They are also from IBM from different countries, US, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hongkong, Japan, India, Australia, China, etc. We ate in a seafood resto called No Sign Board. They had great crabs, prawns and fishes...really yummy but I got rashes too since I'm allergic to seafoods.

I hope we'll have another out of country training for me to learn more and definitely find new friends.

6 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger dessa girl said...

i love the flowers! your shopaholic friend looks familiar to me. nway, hi there princess em!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi dessagirl -- her name is pinky iguidez, ibm officemate. I believe she went to Assumption and San Agustin schools.. but went to ateneo for college. you know her?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hello Princess Em! Talaga? drinks cost 400 pesos a pop! Sobra naman, talagang malalasing ka nun. Sa presyo :-)

Are you sure the event facilitators do not know about this blog? Lagot ka pag nalaman nilang you thought it was boring hehehe.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi watson, bahala sila kung malaman nilang boring yung pag-present nila..kasi naman sobrang info-overload ang nangyari sa amin..pinagkasya sa 3 araw lang ang class instead na 5 days yun..

musta na?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Princess Em said...

hi watson, o ayan i revised some statements..

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger dessa girl said...

mweheheh!baguhin ba daw ang post. er, i dont know her actually. basta feeling ko i saw her somewhere.. since you mentioned she's from AC, maybe i saw her back in high school as one of the higher batches i guess..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home